We hope you enjoy this sampling of belly dance classes from Seba of WildCard BellyDance. Your responses have been great and we look forward to adding to this series of online lessons over the 2012-2013 holiday break.
TRIBAL BELLYDANCE DRILLS
- Tribal Belly Dance Practice Drills
- Tribal Belly Dance Shimmy Drills
- Tribal Belly Dance Turkish Drills
MEDGE presents it’s ninth annual Fall Festival, featuring Seba and WildCard BellyDance!
Workshops, festival dancing, vending and live music, followed by an evening Gala Show!
Doors for the Fall Festival open at 12:00 p.m. at Cozmic, 8th & Charnelton, Eugene. Festival dancing begins at 12:30 and continues until 8:00 p.m. Live music hour – 7:00-8:00 p.m. Gala Show starts at 8:30 p.m. featuring WildCard BellyDance! All of this wonderfulness for only $8, ALL DAY! (No separate fee for Gala Show).
Workshops with WildCard BellyDance
11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. – Tribal Combinations and Transitions:
2:00-4:00 p.m. - Tribal Spins: Love to Spin? We do too!
Reyna, Seba and Kristen danced as a trio in the Las Vegas BellyDance Intensive Festival Show. Vegas was a blast as always.
Running into friends and fellow dancers… one of the best parts of any festival!
Seba Reyna and Kristen had a great time teaching at the event despite the 8:30am Sunday morning schedule.
From Hagalla Magazine:
“WildCard Bellydance are one of the wildest and freshest tribes you will ever see on stage. And if you see them you imagine that “Neas Tribal” is not far, which is no coincidende. Both tribes exchange ideas, moves and literally everything else. In fall two of the members – Reyna & Robin – will come to us to the 3rd Black Forest Festival in Offenburg. In the following interview Seba, the artistic director, tells us how the “WildCard Bellydance” came into life and what makes it unique.”
Read the whole article (in English)
For the original (auf Deutsch):
That’s right baby! WildCard BellyDance is going back to the desert again this year for The Las Vegas Bellydance Intensive & Festival! We will be teaching a scimitar workshop there, and performing as well. Looking forward to a little bit of dance and deviance in the City of Sin!
See the LVBDI registration page for more info on our “Dancing on the Edge” scimitar workshop that’s happening Sunday Sept. 9th at 8:30am ( that’s right just stay up all night and greet the dawn with something sharp).
We are performing at the festival at 2:30 later on that day. Come and see all the cool stuff you learned at the workshop in action!
Here is a taste of last year’s festival performance.
March 30th – April 1st
WildCard BellyDance is Teaching at Cues & Tattoos Festival 2012!
Troupe Hipnotica hosts their 5th annual workshop event celebrating the use of improv choreography within Tribal Belly Dance.
Don’t miss this amazing opportunity to learn from those who pioneered this style as well as up and coming troupes.WORKSHOPS: MARCH 30-APRIL 1, 2012
All 2-hour workshops are just $35 each (registration fees apply if paying via PayPal.)
FESTIVAL INSTRUCTORS INCLUDE:
- Carolena Nericcio of FatChanceBellyDance ( San Francisco, CA)
- Mira Betz from (San Francisco, CA)
- Kajira Djoumahna of Black Sheep Belly Dance from (Maui, HI)
- Steven Eggers from (Mexico City, Mexico)
- Cera Byer of Damage Control Theater (San Francisco, CA)
- Adriene Rice and Julia Demarest of Troupe Hipnotica (Seattle, WA)
- Molly McClellan of Tribaltique (Fort Collins, CO)
- Lava of Sisters of Alchemy (Victoria, B.C.)
- Mimi Fontana of Manhattan Tribal (New York, NY)
- Colette Todorov of Scarlett Thistle (Hood River, OR)
- Seba Blanchard and Wild Card Belly Dance (Rio Nido, CA)
- Lacey Sanchez of Florida Tribal (Orlando, FL)
- Samantha Riggs of Boom Boom Bollywood (Bellingham, WA)
All workshops will be held in the TPS studios on the 4th floor of the Center House at The Seattle Center, 305 Harrison Street, Seattle, WA.www.seattlecenter.com. To register visit www.troupehipnotica.com/store/
- WildCard BellyDance will also be dancing in the Instructor Showcase on FRIDAY MARCH 30
- Doors open at 6:30, show starts at 7pm.
- McEachern Auditorium at the Mohai Museum of History and Industry, in McCurdy Park at 2700 24th Ave E, Seattle, WA.www.seattlehistory.org.
- Don’t miss this opportunity to see the pioneers of Tribal Improv on one stage!
- See www.troupehipnotica.com for more information on this and other events.