Tag: Tribal Style
I remember the first time I saw the Belly Dance Super Stars.
It was years ago at a small club in San Francisco. I’m pretty sure it was the first time that they toured. I was so excited. I had only been belly dancing a couple of years and had just been asked to join the local troupe and most of the troupe went to the city to watch the show. I had only attended hafla’s and festivals and had never watched a professional belly dance show and my jaw was on the floor the entire time.
Rachel Brice and the Desert Roses, Dondi MCing, amazing new fashion of Melo’s being showcased by the tribal stars and the local guest troupe that had been asked to perform, FatChanceBellyDance®, was the cherry on top. In the years that followed I went to as many of the Belly Dance Super Stars shows as I could. I bought the CD’s and DVD’s and followed the careers of some of the dancers as they became internationally famous.
Miles Copeland knows how to keep things fresh and new. While Belly Dance Super Stars still occasionally tours, Miles has now created Club BellyDance. It’s an event that is geared towards local clubs and venues showcasing local dancers for the first half of the show and the second half of the show is, you guessed it, Belly Dance Super Stars.
The Show at Hopmonk
WildCard BellyDance was excited when we realized that Club BellyDance was coming to our area and we were thrilled when Nathalie Tedrick asked us to dance in the first half of the show. The show is happening Thursday February 28th at Hopmonk, in Sebastopol. Show starts at 7pm, and the doors open at 6:30. Tickets are $20 and this event will sell out so buy your tickets now.
The SanFrancisco Show
So you wanna know what the cherry on top of all this is?? Friday March 1st Club BellyDance will be in San Francisco at the Brava Theater Center. FatChance BellyDance is organizing the first half of the show and they asked us to perform!!!! This is an amazing honor and we are thrilled and blown away by it. So whether you live in Sonoma county or the San Francisco Bay area come and check out Club BellyDance and buy your tickets to watch WildCard BellyDance perform, not once, but twice!
We hope you enjoy this sampling of belly dance classes from Seba of WildCard BellyDance. Your responses have been great and we look forward to adding to this series of online lessons over the 2012-2013 holiday break.
TRIBAL BELLYDANCE DRILLS
- Tribal Belly Dance Practice Drills
- Tribal Belly Dance Shimmy Drills
- Tribal Belly Dance Turkish Drills
March 30th – April 1st
WildCard BellyDance is Teaching at Cues & Tattoos Festival 2012!
Troupe Hipnotica hosts their 5th annual workshop event celebrating the use of improv choreography within Tribal Belly Dance.
Don’t miss this amazing opportunity to learn from those who pioneered this style as well as up and coming troupes.WORKSHOPS: MARCH 30-APRIL 1, 2012
All 2-hour workshops are just $35 each (registration fees apply if paying via PayPal.)
FESTIVAL INSTRUCTORS INCLUDE:
- Carolena Nericcio of FatChanceBellyDance ( San Francisco, CA)
- Mira Betz from (San Francisco, CA)
- Kajira Djoumahna of Black Sheep Belly Dance from (Maui, HI)
- Steven Eggers from (Mexico City, Mexico)
- Cera Byer of Damage Control Theater (San Francisco, CA)
- Adriene Rice and Julia Demarest of Troupe Hipnotica (Seattle, WA)
- Molly McClellan of Tribaltique (Fort Collins, CO)
- Lava of Sisters of Alchemy (Victoria, B.C.)
- Mimi Fontana of Manhattan Tribal (New York, NY)
- Colette Todorov of Scarlett Thistle (Hood River, OR)
- Seba Blanchard and Wild Card Belly Dance (Rio Nido, CA)
- Lacey Sanchez of Florida Tribal (Orlando, FL)
- Samantha Riggs of Boom Boom Bollywood (Bellingham, WA)
All workshops will be held in the TPS studios on the 4th floor of the Center House at The Seattle Center, 305 Harrison Street, Seattle, WA.www.seattlecenter.com. To register visit www.troupehipnotica.com/store/
- WildCard BellyDance will also be dancing in the Instructor Showcase on FRIDAY MARCH 30
- Doors open at 6:30, show starts at 7pm.
- McEachern Auditorium at the Mohai Museum of History and Industry, in McCurdy Park at 2700 24th Ave E, Seattle, WA.www.seattlehistory.org.
- Don’t miss this opportunity to see the pioneers of Tribal Improv on one stage!
- See www.troupehipnotica.com for more information on this and other events.